If you would like a face to face consultation please read the following information.
I have put in place the following changes to my practice due to the Covid 19 pandemic and would like you to know about them. Hopefully this will reassure you that I am doing everything I possibly can to minimise the risk of catching Covid 19 during your appointment.
Covid 19 is a new disease that we don’t know much about. However we do know it is transmitted by droplet and aerosol transmission and contact with surfaces. Droplets fall to the floor quickly whereas aerosols (which can be generated by simply talking) stay in the air. We also know that people can be infectious before symptoms appear for about 2 days and some people can be asymptomatic.
Therefore the following have been put in place but I cannot guarantee the environment will be perfectly virus free. I also have the limitation of working within a clinic where other therapists have their own protocols..
This information may cause you to reconsider your risk and in that case I can offer a telehealth video consultation until the risk is reduced.
- I have spaced out the appointments to avoid crowding in the waiting area and to give me time to clean between patients.
- All patients will be screened for symptoms before their consultation via a secure form. No patients with any Covid symptoms will be allowed to come into the clinic. Also I will also not be seeing anyone considered high risk of catching Covid 19.
- All surfaces including the treatment couch, chair, desk, door handles etc will be wiped down with the appropriate cleaning agent between each patient consultation.
- I am using a wipeable pillow. There will be no towelling cover on the couch.
- I have installed an air purifier to remove potentially infectious aerosols from the air.
- I will be wearing the official PPE for this setting which will include mask, apron and gloves.
- I will ask you also to wear a mask – I can provide one if you don’t have one.
- Payment will be by a payment link sent to your phone so there is no risk of contamination via the bank card reader. I would rather you did not pay by cash.
- You will have the opportunity to use hand sanitiser or wash your hands in water both before and after our session. Please avoid touching your face during the session.
- Please do not arrive too early for your appointment. Please wait in your car. Only come in at the time of your appointment.
- Please do not bring any unnecessary personal belongings into the clinic.
- Please dress in light clothing so that the need for removing clothing is reduced. i will be able to treat you through clothing.
- Please do not bring your children in to the clinic unless they are attending for treatment. You may bring a chaperone if needed.